Date(s) - 12/11/2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Changes to Primary Care
The way that healthcare and social care services in Greater Glasgow and Clyde are provided is changing. Over the next 18 months, clinicians including GPs, health and social care managers and planners will work together and will engage with patients, service users, the public and staff to develop plans for a better, changed, modernised, healthcare and social care system for Greater Glasgow and Clyde residents. This new system of care will be organised in the most effective way to provide safe, effective person centred and sustainable care to meet the current and future needs of our population and able to provide best value.
It will be designed to:
- Support and empower people to improve their own health
- Support people to live independently at home for longer
- Empower and support people to manage their own long term conditions
- Enable people to stay in their communities accessing the care they need
- Enable people to access high quality primary and community care services close to home
- Provide access to world class hospital-based care when the required level of care or treatment cannot be provided in the community
- Deliver hospital care on an ambulatory or day case basis whenever possible
- Provide highly specialist hospital services for the people of Greater Glasgow and Clyde and for some services, in the West of Scotland
As well as this session in Milngavie we are running one in Bishopbriggs on 3rd October, and you can find more information about the changes at http://www.movingforwardtogetherggc.org/moving-forward-together/
Bookings are closed for this event.