Caring for someone can be very rewarding and give you a lot of happiness, but it can sometimes feel like a huge responsibility. Sometimes the sheer amount of time and energy you dedicate to caring for someone can make you forget that you are important too. But looking after your own emotional and physical health is essential if you want to get the most out of life and build the inner resources you need to help you continue with caring. For more ideas and information you can read our Looking After Yourself booklet.
We offer a number of different services which can improve your health and wellbeing including:
- weekly online mindfulness sessions
- therapies such as counselling and Reiki
- courses and workshops to help you relax and de-stress
- courses and workshops to help you deal with things such as changes in relationships or feelings of guilt.
- opportunities to talk – to our staff, volunteers and other carers
- support to help you explore your own health and wellbeing and to identify small changes that you want to make that could make a big difference.
For up-to-date information about events, groups and courses you can go to our online calendar, or read the latest issue of What’s On. You can also sign up for our weekly e-update for news and information.
If you would like a wellbeing review, please call us on 0800 975 2131 or complete our online enquiry form.
To get the most benefit from mindfulness you need to practice regularly, so we have included a short practice as a podcast for you below. You could also join our short online weekly Mindfulness practice on Thursday mornings. Sign up through our calendar, or call 0800 975 2131.