Welcome to
Carers Link

Carers Link provides information and support to unpaid carers who live in East Dunbartonshire or care for someone who lives in East Dunbartonshire.

If you look after a family member or friend who cannot manage without your support, you are a carer. You may be “doing what anyone would do”, but we can help you.

You may simply be looking for some information, or you may go on to access advocacy, one-to-one support or our sessions and groups for carers. However large or small your query, we’re here to help.

No matter who you are or who you care for, Carers Link is here to support you

Carers and COVID-19

The situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) is constantly evolving, and it is a worrying time for carers and those they care for. Carers Link is still here to help local carers, and our staff are available for you to talk to – just call us on 0800 975 2131 or email enquiry@carerslink.org.uk.

We can help you with information about how the latest government guidelines affect your caring role, and how carers can access the COVID-19 vaccine, and we may be able to help you access Personal Protective Equipment. You can find out more on our COVID-19 page.

Who is a carer

Anyone who provides (or intends to provide) care for another person is a carer. The exceptions to this are if the only reason for providing care is that the person is under 18, or if you are caring because you  have a contract or as voluntary work.

You can be caring for someone for any number of hours, and you do not need to be providing a substantial amount of care for some on a regular basis.

A young carer is any carer who is under the age of 18, or who is 18 or over and still attending school.

Latest News Updates

Guardianship – how to apply

In this episode, Katy is joined by Martin, a solicitor with Ceasar & Howie solicitors, who have launched Parent Carer Legal Support to support parent carers through the process of guardianship. Katy and Martin talk about the detail of how to apply for guardianship, and what needs to be done. This is the second of …

Guardianship – an overview

In this episode, Katy is joined by Martin, a solicitor with Ceasar & Howie solicitors, who have launched Parent Carer Legal Support to support parent carers through the process of guardianship. This is the first of three episodes on the subject of guardianship, and Katy and Martin talk about what capacity is, and give an …

Facebook Posts

New College Lanarkshire are offering free introductory/ intermediary IT programmes . Course content, which is non certified includes: Introduction to using your device Setting up and using email Searching and using the internet Internet safetyMoving onto.. More effective ways of using your device Internet safety Developing basic knowledge of using Microsoft packages There are two courses being run on the Kirkintilloch Campus: From Wednesday 11th June to 22nd June, 1.00pm-2.30pm or 2.45-4.30pm From Thursday 12th May to 23rd June, 10am-11.30am, 12.30pm-2pm or 2.30-4pmTo book a place please contact lynn.foy@nclan.ac.uk or phone 07766055684 ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook
#funnyfriday ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook
In the second of our short series of podcasts about Guardianship Katy talks to Martin Monaghan from Caesar Howie solicitors about the nitty gritty of applying for guardianship. If you are thinking about applying for guardianship for the person you care for you can find out what is involved, what you need to do, who else is involved, and the time scale of applying. Katy and Martin also talk about how best to manage money and finances and keep everyone safe.Listen at carerslink.org.uk/guardianship-how-to-apply/ ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

Upcoming Events

We are normally open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00 pm, but appointments (by phone or online) out with these hours can be arranged. Currently mail is not being picked up from the office on a regular basis so if possible please email or phone us. During evenings and weekends, if you or someone you know requires urgent social work support, please call 0800 811 505.