Autism and neurodiversity
Working with our delivery partners DIFFERabled, we offer a programme of holistic support for those caring for someone who is neurodiverse and their wider family. Neurodiversity covers autistic spectrum disorder, ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia, sensory processing disorder and learning disability.
This includes group sessions on topics such as
- Understanding autism & neurodiversity
- Communication – issues and supports
- Processing differences – the 3 theories of ASD that cause so many challenges
- Sensory issues – impact and support
- Arousal and behaviour issues – causes and support
- Getting it right- how to analyse the cause of problems and how to form action plans
We also offer 1:1 sessions as required either as follow ups to training or stand alone, and can introduce you to the Parent Carer Forum run by East Dunbartonshire’s Local Area Coordinators.
We are normally open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00 pm, but appointments (by phone, in person or online) out with these hours can be arranged. Currently mail is not being picked up from the office on a regular basis so if possible please email or phone us. During evenings and weekends, if you or someone you know requires urgent social work support, please call 0800 811 505.