Autumn/ winter 2022 vaccination programme
Carers aged 16 – 49 have been included in the final list of groups who will be offered a further COVID-19 booster vaccination in a community clinic in the autumn/winter booster programme.
Other groups included are
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
- those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression.
NHS Scotland is vaccinating those most at risk first. Please wait to be called forward or check NHS inform to find out when you are eligible and how to book. There is more information on the Scottish Government website
Free COVID-19 testing has now ended for most people in Scotland, but unpaid carers are one of the groups who are eligible.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you should stay at home and avoid contact with others until you feel better.
You can order tests online or by calling 119 if you are:
- visiting a hospital or care home
- an unpaid carer
- eligible for covid treatments
- applying for the self-isolation support grant
Detailed information on the changes to testing and isolation can be found at NHS Inform.
We are normally open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00 pm, but appointments (by phone, in person or online) out with these hours can be arranged. Currently mail is not being picked up from the office on a regular basis so if possible please email or phone us. During evenings and weekends, if you or someone you know requires urgent social work support, please call 0800 811 505.