What is Respitality?
Respitality is a Scottish Government project to provide short breaks for carers. The project is delivered in East Dunbartonshire by Carers Link as an approved Respitality Delivery Partner and is coordinated nationally by Shared Care Scotland.
How does it work for carers?
- You access Respitality through Carers Link
- You are welcome to bring the cared for person on the break if you wish.
- Carers Link arranges the break entirely, so there is no pressure on you to plan your break.
- Breaks are donated free of charge, therefore Respitality is an affordable short breaks option.
How does it work for businesses?
- Breaks can be donated at a time of year that suits your business needs
- Respitality is an avenue for you and your business to support your local
- Breaks can be donated when you have last minute cancellations
- All participating businesses receive a certificate
- All carers taking a break are given thank you cards to give to the
business so you get to find out how your donation has personally
- Respitality can help you fulfil your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- You can find out more on the Respitality website
We are normally open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00 pm, but appointments (by phone, in person or online) out with these hours can be arranged. Currently mail is not being picked up from the office on a regular basis so if possible please email or phone us. During evenings and weekends, if you or someone you know requires urgent social work support, please call 0800 811 505.