Caring affects everyone.
You may be a carer now or previously have cared for someone. Perhaps you know someone who provides care, or you may need someone’s support. In East Dunbartonshire, one person in eight provides care and support, and three out of every five people nationally will become carers at some point in their lives.
Help us reach more carers to ensure that they get vital information and support.
A donation of:
- £5 could allow us to send three carers our full Information Pack
- £10 could enable a trained volunteer to provide a day’s telephone support to 15 carers through our dedicated Carers Call Support Service
- £25 could cover the cost of training one of our volunteers
- £100 could ensure that a Carers Link Information Leaflet Rack is maintained in every GP Surgery in East Dunbartonshire
- Or why not donate on someone’s behalf using our Gift Giving Scheme? A change from socks & chocs!!!
You don't have to make a large donation to make a difference. Making a small commitment of a monthly gift helps us to plan ahead and develop our services to carers.
- £5 per month could pay for 12 carers to receive our regular information bulletin for a year
- £10 per month could help us provide two months running costs for a support group where carers can come to share experiences, access advice and information, and benefit from a short break away from caring.
Alternatively, you can make a donation online via paypal (below) or by visiting our Virgin Money Giving Page.
You Can Help by... Gift-Aiding Your Donation
By setting up a weekly, monthly or annual donation to Carers Link you will be helping us to help carers throughout East Dunbartonshire. As a charity we rely on donations to keep our services going, and regular donations, however small or large, help us plan ahead with confidence.
To set up regular donations please download our Standing Order Form, complete it and post it back to us by Freepost:
FREEPOST Plus RLYC-ETCK-ZSRY Carers Link East Dunbartonshire, Milngavie Enterprise Centre Ellangowan Court, Milngavie G62 8PH.
If you make a donation to Carers Link through fundraising or other means, you can also boost its value by a further 20p for every £1 you donate.
Provided you are a UK taxpayer (you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax equal to the tax we reclaim on your donations) you just need to fill out the form below and return it to us with your donation.
Fundraising from your Computer!
Shop Online and Raise Money!
Have you heard about easyfundraising yet? It’s the easiest way to help raise money for Carers Link. If you already shop online with retailers such as Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, Comet, iTunes, eBay or HMV, then we need you to sign up for free to raise money while you shop!
So how does it work?
You shop directly with the retailer as you would normally, but if you sign up for free to easyfundraising and then choose Carers Link East Dunbartonshire as your cause, by then using the links on the easyfundraising site to take you to the retailer, a percentage of whatever you spend comes directly to us at no extra cost to yourself.
How much can you raise?
Spend £100 with M&S online and you raise £2.50 for us. £100 spent with Amazon raises £2.50, £100 with WH Smith puts £2.00 in our pocket and so on. There are over 2,000 retailers on the easyfundraising site, and some of the donations can be as much as 15% of your purchase. Simply renewing your home or car insurance can raise £30-£50 depending on the insurance company.
Save money, too!
easyfundraising is FREE to us,e plus you'll get access to hundreds of exclusive discounts and voucher codes, so not only will you be helping us, you’ll be saving money yourself.
Raise money while you search the internet
If you are one of the 6.4 million people who use a search engine every day, you can now raise money for Carers Link by using www.easysearch.org.uk
easysearch combines the results of several search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing and Ask to ensure you can always find what you’re looking for. But the fantastic thing is that EVERY TIME you search, half a penny is raised for Carers Link. Search just 15 times a day and you can raise around £25 a year for us.
See what people are saying about easysearch
"easysearch is a great idea and just as good as Google for the results! I’ve recommended it to my friends and I think this site is the best around as it does something for people. Well done!"
"What a fantastic idea! I was using Google anyway but this way I get to raise money for my good cause every time I search…brilliant! I’ve made easysearch my homepage!"
So the next time you need to find something online, please use easysearch.org.uk and raise money for Carers Link with every search you make.
Walking the West Highland Way
From our desks we can look out of our office windows and watch walkers take their first eager steps along the old railway line at the route’s start in Milngavie. Most will not realise they are passing just yards from Carers Link, the first Charity on the West Highland Way.
You Can Help
Be Sponsored to do things!
- Carers Link is the 1st Charity on the West Highland Way! Why not raise sponsorship to walk all, or even part of the route?
- Run – or walk – in a half marathon, 10k or 5k
- Be sponsored to do a firewalk!
- Give up chocolate, shave your head, lose weight or have a sponsored carwash or silence – no matter what you do you can be sponsored to do it!
If you know someone who is going to walk or run in an organised event, please ask them if they would consider being sponsored for Carers Link.
Or You Can Help by… Organising an Event!
- Hold a Coffee Morning or a Race Night
- Have a Cake Sale or Guess the Number of Sweets in the Jar
- Guess your colleagues from baby photos or guess the Teddy's Birthday
- Organise a Raffle or a Ten Pin Bowling Competition
- Have a Second Hand Book Sale or clear your attic with a Boot Sale
Whatever your event, if you are interested in organising something to raise funds for Carers Link, please phone us free on 0800 975 2131 and ask for a Fundraising Pack. We will be glad to hear from you and will be able to help you help us!
Or You Can Help by ... Filling One of Our 'Coins That Care' Boxes
Leave the box somewhere prominent at home and every time you want to empty your purse or pockets of heavy spare change, pop it into the box. When it's full, please count the money and donate it straight into our bank account using the account number quoted on the box. Every penny really does count when we are trying to maintain services to local carers. If you do not have one of our boxes yet but would like one, please call us free on 0800 975 2131 and we will be very happy to post one out to you.