Greater Glasgow & Clyde health board are proposing to improve the way they provide rehabilitation services for older people in the North East of Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire. This would see the transfer of the services currently provided at Lightburn Hospital to other sites in the North East of Glasgow:
- Acute hospital rehabilitation would be provided in beds to Stobhill Hospital
- Community rehabilitation beds would be in local care facilities commissioned by the Health and Social Care Partnerships.
- Day hospital services would be brought together at Stobhill Hospital
- Outpatient clinics to either Glasgow Royal Infirmary or Stobhill Hospital
- Local meeting space for the Parkinson’s support group.
If the services are transferred it will result in the closure of the Lightburn Hospital site.
You can find out more from the health board website, from the consultation leaflet, or by attending the consultation event at Lightburn hospital on 29th March. The consultation lasts until 3rd May 2017.