Date(s) - October 5 2023
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Our online (zoom) teens information sessions are intended for young people aged 12-18. To find out more, or register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 975 2131.
This session covers:
- What is arousal?
- Arousal thermometer – the levels, our arousal changes, internal triggers and external triggers
- Impacts on arousal – communication overload, social demand, central coherence, executive skills and sensory
- Sensory processing – registration, hypo responsiveness, hyper responsiveness and habituation
- Senses – the 8 senses explained
- Managing Registration – avoiding the pain- managing hyper responsiveness,
- Feed the need- managing hypo responsiveness
- Managing Arousal – remove or reduce, maintain, regulate, de-escalate and forward plan
- Wellbeing -your physical health, your mental health and your progress and achievements
Participants are asked to register, providing a screen name for recognition [and an email for the handouts to be sent] they do not need to use their own name on screen if they do not want to be identified, and they can choose to have camera on or off. Questions and comments during the presentation are done through chat entries and this is an option at question time as well [or voice if wanted]. The sessions last 90min but additional time is allocated for questions at the end if wanted. Handouts and additional resources are provided once they have logged on.